Australian Sports Turf Consultants (ASTC) were engaged by Complete Urban to provide drawings and technical specifications for the field of play to be constructed at the new Griffin Sporting Complex located at 4 Elizabeth Road, Griffin QLD 4503.
The Stage 1 works includes the construction of 3 natural turf sporting fields, a club house, associated servicing structures and 2 car parking areas. The sports fields will include 2 senior rugby league fields and 3 mod fields.
ASTC provided the following services during the design phase:
- Drainage specification
- Imported topsoil specification
- Testing of growing media and drainage gravel
- Turfing specification
- Provision of section details relating to the sports field design
- Technical specifications for construction
- Consolidation/maintenance specification
- Bill of Quantities
- Specifications for field equipment include goal posts, netting, fencing and player/coach/manager boxes with communications and water points
- Return to play modelling
- 12 month sports turf maintenance plan including fertility, pesticides, mowing, topdressing, aeration, line marking etc.
We look forward to working with Moreton Bay Regional Council (MBRC), Complete Urban and the successful Principal Contractor during the construction phase of the Stage 1 project where ASTC will provide Quality Control services.